For the winners, Toro will provide complimentary entry into the GCSAA golf tournament events, up to a $675 USD value. In addition, Toro will provide complimentary accommodations at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes hotel for up to three nights during the Championship (to coincide with participation in the tournament events), check in January 24 and check out January 27, approximately a $1,700 USD value. This represents a total retail value of up to $2,375 USD for 20 lucky winners. Any and all other related expenses; including airfare, local transportation, meals beyond those provided to golfers, any hotel nights before or after the tournament, incidental expenses, etc., will be the responsibility of the participant. This award does not include registration or entry into the 2020 Golf Industry Show.
Additional GCSAA Golf Championship information, click here
. The timing and process for consideration and selection is as follows:
- The Superintendent reviews the award program and nominates their Assistant Superintendent via the SurveyGizmo link provided. The deadline for submitting nominations is November 15, 2019.
- Winners will be notified by Toro by December 6, 2019.
- The winning Assistants will be contacted directly by the GCSAA in order to complete the GCSAA Championships registration process.
- GCSAA Golf Championships registration closes on January 2, 2020. Failure to register by this deadline will result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate will be selected.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel comprised of Toro representatives. Eligibility and winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Nomination from the Superintendent at the applicant’s course
- Current GCSAA membership
- Minimum of three-years experience working as an Assistant Superintendent (not necessarily at the same course)
- Proven and intentional development path towards a golf course Superintendent role
- Have not played in the GCSAA Golf Championship event previously
Winning Assistant Superintendent participants will receive:
- Complimentary entry into the GCSAA Golf Championships for up to three rounds of golf
- Complimentary accommodations at the tournament or comparable hotel
- Cart rental
- Range balls
- PGA-certified rules officials to assist throughout the event
- Tee Prize
- Grab-n-Go breakfast each morning prior to your round
- On-course drink tickets
- Access to Welcome Reception (Saturday) and 19th Hole Receptions (Sunday and Monday) which provides great networking opportunities with colleagues and industry personnel
Legal Disclaimer: The chances of winning are dependent on the number of submissions. Only one submission per Superintendent is allowed. The selection committee will have full and final authority to review and chose the candidates who will receive the VIP award. There will be no substitution in the event that a winner cannot attend the event. There is no cash value offered or implied in lieu of the prize if the event is cancelled for any reason. If, for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the promotion becomes compromised, or Toro’s administration or fulfillment of the promotion becomes impracticable, Toro reserves the right to terminate or modify the promotion. Each entrant consents to use by Toro and its subsidiaries and affiliates of entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice, performance, and/or video (to the extent each such item is available) for advertising and promotional purposes, including in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. By entering into the contest, each entrant releases and agrees to hold Toro harmless from any claim, damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, that may arise from or in any way relate to this promotion.
If you have questions, please contact either:
The Toro Company